Allen Baswell & Dispatch Staff Report
May 5, 2010 10:40:00 AM
The Columbus Police Department reported the following felony arrests Tuesday.
On May 4, Zerrick Godfrey, 33 of 1516 Martin Luther King Drive in Columbus, was arrested by the CPD at 1 a.m. on a charge of voyeurism. This arrest stems from an incident which occurred on May 4 in the 1800 block of 24th Street North.
Alegra Young, 18, 1613 Seventh Ave., was arrested at 11:10 a.m. on a charge of domestic violence-aggravated assault.
No bond or court date has been set for either Godfrey or Young.
On Tuesday at approximately 1:20 a.m., officers were dispatched to Tiya''s Market (formerly Roy''s Grocery), located at 515 Waterworks Road in reference to an alarm call. Once on the scene, officers realized it was an armed robbery.
Two black males entered the store carrying a pistol and told everyone to get on the floor. An undisclosed amount of money was stolen from the store.
Criminal Investigations was contacted and has taken over the investigation.
Allen Baswell is a former staff reporter for The Dispatch
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY