October 11, 2017 11:10:17 AM
Two Crawford residents are behind bars for an alleged sexual assault of a juvenile in Artesia.
Investigators with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Jeffery Rachell Jackson, 44, of 560 Will Hairston Road in Crawford, and Jasmine Cierra Coleman, 25, of 321 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in Crawford and charged them each with one count of sexual battery.
LCSO deputies received a report Oct. 3 that Jackson and Coleman attacked a female juvenile in a van in Artesia, according to an email from LCSO. Investigators said Jackson was driving the victim around when he allegedly stopped and sexually assaulted her while Coleman watched. Coleman told the victim she would kill her if she resisted, according to the victim's report.
After the assault, the victim escaped the van and ran into the woods.
Deputies arrested Coleman at her home Friday and Jackson at his home Saturday.
Both Coleman and Jackson had bonds set at $50,000 each and were booked in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. Jackson has since bonded out.
The email from LCSO said the investigation is ongoing and there may be more charges filed.
1. Columbus man to spend 35 years in MDOC for 2015 club shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY