October 12, 2017 10:46:32 AM
BATESVILLE -- A jury in the trial of a man charged with setting a 19-year-old Mississippi woman on fire and leaving her to die along a rural back road is scheduled to visit the crime scene in the case.
Prosecutors say Quinton Tellis set Jessica Chambers' car on fire near a tree farm in Courtland, Mississippi, on Dec. 6, 2014. A passing motorist saw Chambers walking down the road and called 911.
Emergency personnel responded to the scene and treated Chambers, who had burns on most of her body. She died at a hospital.
The 29-year-old Tellis is on trial on a murder charge in Batesville, Mississippi. His lawyer says he's falsely accused. The jury is scheduled to visit important locations in the investigation today, the trial's third day.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY