October 14, 2017 10:06:16 PM
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested a Columbus woman after she allegedly stole money from her employer's cash register multiple times.
Aneesah Williams, 25, of 2407 23rd Ave. N., is charged with one count of embezzlement. Williams is a former employee of a Lowndes County Sprint Mart, LCSO Capt. Greg Wright said. The business' surveillance video recorded her apparently taking cash from the store's register on multiple occasions, sometimes giving the cash to customers and sometimes keeping it herself.
Wright did not say how much money Williams allegedly took but said she stole cash through the month of July.
Deputies arrested Williams Thursday. She has been released from the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after posting $5,000 bond.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY