October 21, 2017 10:08:34 PM
A Columbus woman found herself behind bars after she allegedly passed a counterfeit check for nearly $2,500.
Officers with Columbus Police Department arrested Penny Keaton, 49, of 401 Fifth St. S., on a warrant for uttering forgery Thursday, a CPD press release said. Keaton is accused of passing a counterfeit check for $2,450 at La Familia Grocery Store on Highway 45 in Columbus last month, the press release said.
Keaton has since been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $7,500 bond.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY