October 21, 2017 10:08:34 PM
A Columbus woman found herself behind bars after she allegedly passed a counterfeit check for nearly $2,500.
Officers with Columbus Police Department arrested Penny Keaton, 49, of 401 Fifth St. S., on a warrant for uttering forgery Thursday, a CPD press release said. Keaton is accused of passing a counterfeit check for $2,450 at La Familia Grocery Store on Highway 45 in Columbus last month, the press release said.
Keaton has since been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $7,500 bond.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY