October 23, 2017 10:08:32 AM
A man and woman from Florida were still in Oktibbeha County Jail Monday morning after being arrested Friday for connection to three auto burglaries at Starkville Academy.
According to a Starkville Police Department press release, the department received three reports of auto burglaries at Starkville Academy at about 7:20 p.m. Thursday. SPD Public Information Officer Brandon Lovelady said some car windows were broken in the burglaries.
Police arrested 28-year-old Tabria S. Bradley, of Sarasota, Florida, and 21-year-old Keith Green, of Lauderhill, Florida, on Friday evening. Both are charged with three counts of auto burglary.
Officers booked Bradley and Green in Oktibbeha County Jail with bonds set at $150,000 each. They are scheduled to appear in municipal court later today.
SPD received assistance from Mississippi Highway Patrol and Columbus Police Department on the arrests.
Joe Dillon, public information officer for the city of Columbus, said the Bradley and Green are also potential suspects for burglaries in Columbus.
"Once Starkville Police Department finishes their investigation, then Columbus will continue its investigation to see if any burglaries were committed here in Columbus by these suspects," Dillon said.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police searching for suspect in death of Starkville woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY