October 26, 2017 11:30:46 AM
A West Point man is in custody for aggravated drug trafficking after authorities say he was found with multiple drugs, including 433 grams of crystal methamphetamine.
Officers with West Point Police Department arrested Jeffery Reese Quinn, 35, Friday, according to a WPPD press release. Multiple officers chased Quinn after a patrol officer spotted him apparently breaking into a residence. They eventually found him on Meadowbrook Drive, sitting in a vehicle that smelled strongly of marijuana.
Quinn attempted to run from the vehicle, but officers Tasered and handcuffed him, the press release said. While EMTs checked Quinn for minor injuries, officers found the methamphetamines, along with 1.5 pounds of marijuana, 35 Hydrocodone pills and more than $18,000 in cash in the vehicle.
Quinn has been charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, aggravated trafficking and possession of controlled substance. He is being held in Clay County Jail with bond set at $175,000.
1. Surrendering animals: A pet owner's last resort COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in weekend hit-and-run on Hwy 373 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus-Lowndes Airport searches for new operator after the last one stalls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. LCSD Career Tech students do mock interviews with real employers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hamilton man arrested for carjacking COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY