October 27, 2017 11:53:29 AM
SEMINARY -- Authorities in Mississippi are looking into what led someone to burn a cross.
Covington County Sheriff Stann Smith told The Clarion-Ledger that the cross was found late Wednesday afternoon in Seminary. He says it was in an area off Mississippi 535.
Smith confirmed that the FBI is on the scene, but says there isn't a lot he can release because of the ongoing investigation.
Smith says authorities are conducting interviews regarding the situation.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY