November 6, 2017 12:42:32 PM
A Vernon, Alabama, man died in a two-vehicle accident Sunday night in Lowndes County.
Larry Welch Jr., 41, was traveling west on Highway 12 in a 1996 Ford Ranger pickup at about 8:24 p.m. when his vehicle collided with a 1998 Honda Accord -- traveling in the eastbound lane -- that attempted a left turn onto Cal-Steens Road in front of him, a Mississippi Highway Patrol press release said.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant pronounced Welch dead at the scene.
The Honda driver, 25-year-old Campranella Prowell of Caledonia, was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle with non-life-threatening injures.
MHP is investigating the accident.
1. Caledonia boy, grandmother die in wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond denied for Walmart shooting suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY