May 13, 2010 3:50:00 PM
JEMISON, Ala. - Authorities say a 15-year-old Alabama girl who jumped to her death from an interstate overpass had complained of bullying at school and never got over the death of her sister in a freak accident.
Chilton County Coroner Randall Yeargan says Alex Moore of Jemison jumped from an overpass above Interstate 65 near home about 6:50 a.m. Wednesday.
Yeargan said Thursday investigators were trying to determine how much of a role bullying played in the girl''s death. He says she also had a hard time getting over the accidental death of her older sister, who was electrocuted about two years ago.
The teen''s father, Jim Moore, says relatives didn''t know the extent of the bullying until after Alex''s death.
Such a waste commented at 5/14/2010 6:34:00 AM:
This is so sad. Everyone was letting this kid down and for reasons I'll never understand no one saw what was happening to her. I'm sure her grades were dropping, her mood was down, she probably lacked interest in things: all clues.
I can understand family missing them, but the public school, in particular the teachers, should have seen it. Someone should have seen it.
rb commented at 5/14/2010 11:17:00 AM:
Very sad. This poor family needs a lot of prayers. I could never imagine losing two children much less all within 2 years. God bless this family.
schatzi commented at 5/15/2010 8:23:00 AM:
My thoughts and prayers are with this family. I couldn't imagine what they must be going through.
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Imagination Library begins in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY