November 10, 2017 11:38:32 AM
A West Point man is behind bars for an assault that landed one person in the hospital for facial reconstructive surgery.
Deputies with Clay County Sheriff's Office arrested Raheem Johnson, 23, at about noon Thursday. A CCSO press release said Johnson's arrest stemmed from an incident in a bar in the western part of Clay County.
Johnson allegedly struck the victim in the face with a beer bottle, the press release said. The victim was taken to a Memphis, Tennessee, hospital for facial reconstruction surgery.
Johnson is charged with one count of aggravated assault manifesting in extreme indifference to life. He is currently in custody at Clay County Jail and his bond has not been set.
CCSO is still investigating the assault and Sheriff Eddie Scott has asked anyone with information on the crime to call his office at 662-494-2896 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. The Running Man: Columbus cardiologist fled Uganda death squads as a teen COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY