November 22, 2017 11:03:37 AM
A Columbus man found himself behind bars for sexual battery last week.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Robert Thomas Perkins, 22, of 930 Crowe Road, on Nov. 14 for sexual battery. According to LCSO Deputy Tony Cooper, Perkins allegedly performed a sex act on a female under the age of 16 on Nov. 11.
Cooper said Perkins and the victim did not know each other before the crime occurred.
Perkins has been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $10,000 bond.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY