November 24, 2017 9:47:47 AM
STARKVILLE -- Go online, buy a horse.
Mississippi State University is having an online auction Friday, Saturday and Sunday to sell 11 registered American Quarter Horses.
The university says in a news release that the auction includes a variety of horses, "from proven broodmares to 2-year-olds just beginning their careers."
A 2-year-old sorrel named MSU Woody Acres is described by MSU representatives as "excellent minded, athletic and willing -- perfect for disciplines ranging from youth show to ranch work." The release says Oakville Highway, a broodmare retired from the show pen, has proven she can produce money-earning offspring.
Four horses from the riding herd are in the auction.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police searching for suspect in death of Starkville woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY