November 29, 2017 11:11:52 AM
A Caledonia woman is accused of attempting to sell narcotics to a child.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Ashley Danielle Hollingsworth, 24, of 1189 Dodson Road, Friday. LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley said Hollingsworth asked the child via text message to buy her prescription narcotics.
Deputies began investigating Hollingsworth after the victim's parents became suspicious of her relationship with their son, Miley said.
The victim is under the age of 15. He and Hollingsworth are neighbors, Miley said.
Hollingsworth was charged with directing a youth to commit a felony. She was released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after posting $7,500 bond.
1. Two arrested for capital murder in weekend homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB parents jailed for neglect of 7-week-old child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Fit for a king: SHS homecoming king faces challenges with a kind heart, positive attitude STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Renee Sanders named interim executive director for United Way COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Capital murder suspects denied bond COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY