November 29, 2017 11:11:52 AM
A Caledonia woman is accused of attempting to sell narcotics to a child.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Ashley Danielle Hollingsworth, 24, of 1189 Dodson Road, Friday. LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley said Hollingsworth asked the child via text message to buy her prescription narcotics.
Deputies began investigating Hollingsworth after the victim's parents became suspicious of her relationship with their son, Miley said.
The victim is under the age of 15. He and Hollingsworth are neighbors, Miley said.
Hollingsworth was charged with directing a youth to commit a felony. She was released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after posting $7,500 bond.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY