November 29, 2017 11:11:52 AM
A Caledonia woman is accused of attempting to sell narcotics to a child.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Ashley Danielle Hollingsworth, 24, of 1189 Dodson Road, Friday. LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley said Hollingsworth asked the child via text message to buy her prescription narcotics.
Deputies began investigating Hollingsworth after the victim's parents became suspicious of her relationship with their son, Miley said.
The victim is under the age of 15. He and Hollingsworth are neighbors, Miley said.
Hollingsworth was charged with directing a youth to commit a felony. She was released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after posting $7,500 bond.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY