November 29, 2017 11:11:52 AM
A local man with burglary charges from both Columbus Police Department and Lowndes County Sheriff's Office is behind bars.
LCSO deputies arrested Chase Fields, 31, of 626 Waterworks Road, Sunday after Fields burglarized multiple businesses throughout the city and county, authorities said.
Fields allegedly stole a truck from American Glass in Columbus and then made his way to Tousley Motors near the intersection of Highway 45 North and Highway 373, LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley said. Deputies who responded to Tousley Motors saw a white male on the business' surveillance video.
Later that afternoon, deputies were called to a car lot in Steens about a break-in, Miley said. At the car lot, investigators found the truck that had been stolen from American Glass, which was outfitted with GPS so they could track the truck's movements, Miley said.
The truck had a stolen credit card, check book and gun taken from a local dentist's office according to a CPD press release.
The victims at the car lot later reported seeing a suspicious man at a nearby business, Miley said. Deputies responded and found Fields with car keys and other items stolen from the car lot.
Fields is charged with two counts of burglary from the county. He is also charged with three more counts of burglary, felony taking of a motor vehicle and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon from the city. He is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, and his bond has not been set.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY