December 1, 2017 10:08:57 AM
A Starkville woman is behind bars for embezzlement after she allegedly stole several thousand dollars in electronics to sell online while working for UPS.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Bralan Ashanti Logen, 20, of 21 Ace Ave., Wednesday. According to a press release from LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley, UPS recently hired Logen to work at the UPS loading terminal in Lowndes County. While loading trucks, she allegedly stole several electronics -- including Apple iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and Samsung Galaxy phones, an iPad and headphones. Miley said Logen then sold the items online.
Lowndes investigators have recovered most of the stolen property, Miley said.
Logen is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $5,000 bond.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY