December 2, 2017 10:09:51 PM
Investigators with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office are looking for the suspect in a Friday night shooting that sent one person to the hospital in critical condition.
LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley said the shooting occurred at a residence on Hughes Road off Highway 69 at about 8:40 p.m. Lowndes deputies responded to the scene.
The victim was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, Miley said, and is in critical condition.
Investigators did not have a suspect in custody as of Saturday afternoon.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY