December 2, 2017 10:09:51 PM
Investigators with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office are looking for the suspect in a Friday night shooting that sent one person to the hospital in critical condition.
LCSO Chief Deputy Marc Miley said the shooting occurred at a residence on Hughes Road off Highway 69 at about 8:40 p.m. Lowndes deputies responded to the scene.
The victim was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, Miley said, and is in critical condition.
Investigators did not have a suspect in custody as of Saturday afternoon.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY