December 8, 2017 11:15:04 AM
A man who already served time in the Mississippi Department of Corrections for child molestation will go back to prison for 22 years for the same thing.
Raymond Karr, 35, pleaded guilty to two counts of touching a child for lustful purposes, for which he has been sentenced to 15 years each in the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
Those sentences are to be served concurrently, but he has an additional seven years to serve from a previous conviction in 2013.
Karr was arrested in November and charged with four counts of touching a child for lustful purposes. Two of those charges were retired based on his plea.
The victim was under the age of 14, Lowndes County deputies who made the arrest reported.
Karr served three years of a 10-year sentence after being convicted of touching a child for lustful purposes in 2013. He was released from prison and had been free less than three months when he was arrested again in November.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY