December 16, 2017 10:04:13 PM
Bond has been denied for the Columbus man arrested for the Thanksgiving murder outside the Trotter Convention Center downtown.
Federal and local law enforcement officers arrested Undra Williams Jr., 25, of 2409 23rd Ave. N., at his home Friday morning. Williams is a suspect in the shooting death of 27-year-old Cordell Lewis, who died at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Nov. 23.
Williams has been charged with first degree murder. He appeared before Municipal Court Judge Gary Goodwin Saturday morning.
Lewis was among a crowd of people leaving a party at the Trotter a little after 1 a.m. when he was shot. Four Columbus police officers and two other security guards were at the party, which had begun at the Trotter the night before and which about 800 people attended. Several fights had broken out during the event.
After the shooting, the Columbus City Council voted to reduce the hours at the Trotter Convention Center from 1 a.m. to 11 p.m.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY