December 20, 2017 11:00:59 AM
Authorities have released the identity of the suspect of a drug investigation who fled from police last week.
The Lowndes County Sheriff's Department Narcotics Task Force arrested Timothy Ross Wilson, 32, of Columbus on Thursday and charged him with possession of cocaine and felony eluding after a car chase between agents and Wilson ensued in east Columbus.
Wilson was driving a Honda Accord near the intersection of Water Works Road and Byrnes Circle when agents attempted to stop the car. Wilson refused to pull over and sped around Byrnes Circle away from officers. The driver lost control of the vehicle, veered off the road and struck a truck in a yard on Byrnes Circle.
Wilson was put in custody, and a search of his car yielded about 40 grams of cocaine.
He is in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $17,500 bond.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police searching for suspect in death of Starkville woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY