December 21, 2017 11:07:47 AM
The International Paper Company Foundation, Columbus Pulp Mill and Columbus Modified Fiber facilities awarded $70,000 in grants to 21 area educational and non-profit groups in 2017. These groups included Franklin Academy, Columbus-Lowndes Free Medical Clinic, Frank P. Phillips Memorial YMCA, Golden Triangle Outdoors, Safe Haven, Sally Kate Winters Family Services, Starkville Area Habitat for Humanity, The Salvation Army of Columbus, Columbus Arts Council, Columbus Christian Academy, Columbus-Lowndes Public Library, Lowndes County Imagination Library, Mississippi Forestry Foundation, TK Martin Center for Technology and Disability, Operation Outreach-USA, Palmer Home for Children, West Lowndes High School, Christian Women Job Corps, Lowndes County Council on Aging and United Way of Lowndes County.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY