December 21, 2017 11:07:47 AM
The International Paper Company Foundation, Columbus Pulp Mill and Columbus Modified Fiber facilities awarded $70,000 in grants to 21 area educational and non-profit groups in 2017. These groups included Franklin Academy, Columbus-Lowndes Free Medical Clinic, Frank P. Phillips Memorial YMCA, Golden Triangle Outdoors, Safe Haven, Sally Kate Winters Family Services, Starkville Area Habitat for Humanity, The Salvation Army of Columbus, Columbus Arts Council, Columbus Christian Academy, Columbus-Lowndes Public Library, Lowndes County Imagination Library, Mississippi Forestry Foundation, TK Martin Center for Technology and Disability, Operation Outreach-USA, Palmer Home for Children, West Lowndes High School, Christian Women Job Corps, Lowndes County Council on Aging and United Way of Lowndes County.
1. Columbus man to spend 35 years in MDOC for 2015 club shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY