December 22, 2017 10:33:55 AM
A New Orleans man is behind bars in Oktibbeha County for felony child abuse.
Deputies with Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office arrested William Harrison Farris, 38, Tuesday on the charge.
OCSO Chief Deputy Brett Watson said Farris was in the county on business from New Orleans when the abuse occurred. The victim is under the age of 6.
Watson said OCSO received the report Dec. 4.
Farris is in custody at the Oktibbeha County Jail with bond set at $25,000.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police searching for suspect in death of Starkville woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY