December 22, 2017 1:14:23 PM
A Columbus man who allegedly held a gun to a teenager's head is behind bars.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Lawrence Frederick Tate, 19, of 320 N. Lehmberg Road, No. 21, Thursday. He has been charged with one count of armed robbery.
The charges stem from an armed robbery at Yorkville apartments near New Hope on Nov. 20, according to a LCSO press release. A 14-year-old reported she was alone at a relative's home when a black man entered the residence, held a gun to her head and demanded money. The suspect took a small amount of cash and left the home through the back door.
The victim was later able to identify Tate.
Tate is being held in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. His bond has not been set and he is awaiting a court appearance.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police searching for suspect in death of Starkville woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY