December 28, 2017 10:05:29 AM
A Starkville man was arrested late last week for reportedly firing a gun near an apartment complex.
On Friday, officers responded to a report of someone firing a weapon at the Brooksville Garden apartments on Everglade Avenue. Upon arrival, officers found 27-year-old Dwuantario Reed, who attempted to flee the area.
Reed, a Starkville resident, was arrested on suspicion of discharging a firearm in the city, possession of a weapon by a felon, public drunkenness, simple assault and disorderly conduct. No injuries were reported in the incident, according to SPD Public Information Officer Brandon Lovelady.
Reed was booked into the Oktibbeha County Jail, and his bond was set at $7,457.75.
Reed is next scheduled to appear in municipal court on Jan. 29, 2018.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY