December 28, 2017 10:05:29 AM
Three people were arrested Christmas Eve for allegedly shoplifting from Belk.
Rickaya Jamesia Roland, 33, of 2407 21st Ave. N., and Nikita Shemere Jackson, 25, of 625 13th St. N., have each been charged with one count of shoplifting.
At about 4 p.m. Sunday, officers with Columbus Police Department responded to Belk on Highway 45 where they found Roland, Jackson and a 16-year-old who authorities haven't named, according to Assistant Police Chief Fred Shelton. The three suspects had attempted to take more than $1,300 worth of clothing and jewelry from the store by entering dressing rooms, hiding the merchandise and attempting to leave the store without paying for the items.
Shelton said he does not know if the suspects are related or how they are acquainted.
Johnson has been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $10,000 bond. Roland, whose bond was also set at $10,000, is still in custody because of a hold from Mississippi Department of Corrections.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY