January 9, 2018 10:07:55 AM
A Columbus man convicted of sexual battery is behind bars again for not registering a new address with the Mississippi Sex Offender Registry.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Jamie Jamar Rodgers, 29, of 1793 Highway 82 West, Friday. Rodgers has been charged with failure to register a new address.
Rodgers was convicted of sexual battery in Lowndes County in 2009.
Per Mississippi law, registered sex offenders are required to submit any changes of address with the Mississippi Sex Offender Registry.
Rodgers is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. His bond has been set at $5,000.
1. Air Force Base receives best-ever inspection rating in 2017 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Courage and class: New Hope teacher uses her breast cancer fight to impart life lessons COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Winning Market Street artist overcomes heavy odds COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Tabernacle shooting suspect nabbed in Tennessee COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville works to improve cash monitoring after Parks embezzlement STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY