January 12, 2018 11:11:28 AM
A 911 call Tuesday to the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office resulted in the arrest of three Golden Triangle residents.
Ciji Garrard, 34, Waylon Sanders, 40, and Kenneth Wilkerson, 27, were arrested on charges of possession of methamphetamine and child endangerment.
According to Lowndes County Narcotics Capt. Archie Williams, the patrol division received a call about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday about a disturbance on Jess Lyons Road in Columbus. When officers arrived on the scene, Williams said, parties involved in the disturbance were gone. Officers drove to a home on Bethlehem Road in Caledonia to locate a person involved in the disturbance, Sanders, who was on probation by the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
When officers arrived at the resident on Bethlehem Road, Williams said, Sanders and Garrard were attempting to back out of the driveway. Officers noticed a "strong smell" of marijuana coming from the residence, where an 8-year-old child and Wilkerson were still inside.
Officers obtained two search warrants and found paraphernalia and multiple grams of methamphetamine inside the house.
Officers contacted the child's grandmother and escorted the child to her grandmother's home in West Point where she remains.
Garrard, Sanders and Wilkerson are all still in custody. No bonds have been set, and they are expected to appear in court today.
1. Lee Middle deal possibly a month away COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Innovation Challenge gives young entrepreneurs a head start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CAFB air show reduced to one day COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY