January 23, 2018 10:51:56 AM
The family of a 25-year-old autistic man has filed a missing persons report with Columbus Police Department.
Christopher Jamal Reed, of 19th Street South, has been missing since Monday morning, family members told CPD.
Reed, who goes by Chris for short, has been living with his aunt Brenda Jones since the death of his mother about a year ago, Jones said. Since he's been living with Jones, Reed typically doesn't go places without her and has never wandered off. Jones said he also doesn't have close friends or haunts around town that he visits regularly.
"He's never been gone this long since he started living with me," she said.
Jones last saw him at home Monday at about 8 a.m., according to a CPD press release. Friends of Reed spotted him walking in the rain near the Columbus soccer complex a couple of hours later, Reed's friends told his family Monday night.
Jones said she and her family are holding up well so far but are out driving around looking for him.
Reed is a black man about 5 feet, 9 inches and weighs 120 pounds, according to the press release. He was last seen wearing black sweatpants, a light gray pullover and white tennis shoes. Jones added he may be wearing a leather jacket.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or to call Jones at 662-251-4129.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY