January 24, 2018 10:34:33 AM
Two Lowndes County residents face felony charges after breaking into American Mini Storage units Sunday on Cal Kolola Road in Caledonia.
According to arrest reports, 40-year-old Margret Bernice Collie, of 1701 17th St. N. in Columbus, and 23-year-old Toney Lanier Jennings, of 229 John Kidd Road in Caledonia, were spotted at the storage units Sunday around 8:30 p.m. by Caledonia Marshall Lance Lucky.
Lucky, who was on patrol at the time, noticed Collie and Jennings breaking into the units near Caledonia's Shop and Save. Chief Marshal Ben Kilgore said Lucky detained the pair and promptly called for backup from the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office.
LCSO Lt. investigator Tony Cooper said Collie and Jennings had forced their ways into at least one storage unit, stealing multiple items, including fishing poles and an air compressor.
Cooper said the renter of the unit has been notified. LCSO is contacting the owner of American Mini Storage and recommending the owner contact all renters to ensure no items were stolen from other units, Cooper said.
Collie and Jennings are still in custody. Each of their bonds has been set at $5,000.
Jennings also faces misdemeanor charges for possession of paraphernalia, resisting arrest and concealed carry of a weapon.
1. Two arrested for capital murder in weekend homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB parents jailed for neglect of 7-week-old child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Lowndes County sportsplex gets green light COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Capital murder suspects denied bond COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CLW weighs offering phone, internet service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY