January 24, 2018 10:34:33 AM
Two Lowndes County residents face felony charges after breaking into American Mini Storage units Sunday on Cal Kolola Road in Caledonia.
According to arrest reports, 40-year-old Margret Bernice Collie, of 1701 17th St. N. in Columbus, and 23-year-old Toney Lanier Jennings, of 229 John Kidd Road in Caledonia, were spotted at the storage units Sunday around 8:30 p.m. by Caledonia Marshall Lance Lucky.
Lucky, who was on patrol at the time, noticed Collie and Jennings breaking into the units near Caledonia's Shop and Save. Chief Marshal Ben Kilgore said Lucky detained the pair and promptly called for backup from the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office.
LCSO Lt. investigator Tony Cooper said Collie and Jennings had forced their ways into at least one storage unit, stealing multiple items, including fishing poles and an air compressor.
Cooper said the renter of the unit has been notified. LCSO is contacting the owner of American Mini Storage and recommending the owner contact all renters to ensure no items were stolen from other units, Cooper said.
Collie and Jennings are still in custody. Each of their bonds has been set at $5,000.
Jennings also faces misdemeanor charges for possession of paraphernalia, resisting arrest and concealed carry of a weapon.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville settles Pride lawsuit STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY