January 24, 2018 10:34:37 AM
Columbus Police are investigating a pair of robberies Tuesday, one at a residence on Military Road and another at a gas station on Main Street.
Police responded to a call early Tuesday evening from a resident at the 1400 block of Military Road on a robbery.
According to the resident, a 60-year-old woman, a black male wearing a gray hoodie and dark jeans approached her in her car in her driveway at about 5:30 p.m., opened her door and demanded money. She stated the man then began to assault her before grabbing her purse and leaving the scene. She said she did not know if the victim was armed.
The second robbery call came at 8:45 p.m. from the Exxon gas station at 1225 Main St. Police say a man entered the store armed with a handgun and demanded money, leaving with an undisclosed amount of cash. The suspect is described as a black male with a small build who was wearing a pink shirt, black pants and black shoes. The subject left the building through the front door and was walking south when last seen.
Police, at this point, have no information connecting the two incidents, Public Information Officer Joe Dillon said.
Anyone with information on either of these incidents should call Crime Stoppers at 800-530-7151.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY