January 26, 2018 10:40:14 AM
Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office deputies arrested two people last week after a traffic accident led to an assault.
On Jan. 18, deputies responded to a stabbing call on Oak Street in the Blackjack community. OSCO Lt. Brett Watson said they arrested 30-year-old Maefrances Bobo and 27-year-old Lavorius Young, both of Starkville.
Bobo was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault. Deputies also arrested Young on suspicion of aggravated assault and tampering with evidence.
Watson said the victim, who suffered from a stab wound, was sent to OCH Regional Medical Center with non-life threatening wounds. He said she has since been released.
Investigators believe the stabbing happened after a traffic accident led to a verbal altercation that escalated to a physical one, Watson said.
Deputies booked both suspects in Oktibbeha County Jail. Bobo is out on $20,000 bond. Young is still in jail, Watson said, and his bond has been set at $25,000.
1. Two arrested for capital murder in weekend homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB parents jailed for neglect of 7-week-old child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Lowndes County sportsplex gets green light COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Capital murder suspects denied bond COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CLW weighs offering phone, internet service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY