January 26, 2018 10:40:14 AM
Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office deputies arrested two people last week after a traffic accident led to an assault.
On Jan. 18, deputies responded to a stabbing call on Oak Street in the Blackjack community. OSCO Lt. Brett Watson said they arrested 30-year-old Maefrances Bobo and 27-year-old Lavorius Young, both of Starkville.
Bobo was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault. Deputies also arrested Young on suspicion of aggravated assault and tampering with evidence.
Watson said the victim, who suffered from a stab wound, was sent to OCH Regional Medical Center with non-life threatening wounds. He said she has since been released.
Investigators believe the stabbing happened after a traffic accident led to a verbal altercation that escalated to a physical one, Watson said.
Deputies booked both suspects in Oktibbeha County Jail. Bobo is out on $20,000 bond. Young is still in jail, Watson said, and his bond has been set at $25,000.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Aldermen shoot down Pride parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Defendant sentenced to 40 years for second-degree murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police make attempted kidnapping arrest STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY