January 26, 2018 10:40:22 AM
Columbus Police Department investigators have released surveillance footage from a Tuesday night robbery at a local gas station in hopes the public can help identify the suspect.
Police responded to Exxon Gas Station on Main Street Tuesday shortly before 9 p.m. after receiving reports that a black male entered the store armed with a handgun and demanded money. He left the store and headed south after taking an undisclosed amount of money.
A CPD press release describes the suspect as short and thin. At the time of the robbery, he was wearing a pink shirt, black pants and black shoes.
Authorities are asking anyone with information on the crime to call Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Trial set for house parent accused of sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. SPD: Shooting victim in stable condition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Problem solver: LINK intern spends summer developing research-based guide for Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cashing in on life's lemons: Inaugural Lemonade Day in Starkville draws young entrepreneurs from across area STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. One man killed in weekend shooting in West Point COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY