January 30, 2018 10:14:12 AM
SLIDELL, La. -- Police in a New Orleans suburb say two Mississippi men are accused of selling boxes of rocks and gutted flat-screen TVs as working televisions.
Slidell Police Detective Michael Seuzeneau said Monday that police answered a report about men trying to sell TVs at a gas station near Slidell's parade route, during Sunday's parade.
He says they arrested 47-year-old Clover Sims and 44-year-old Lloyd Bradley, both of Gulfport, on one count each of theft by fraud.
Seuzeneau says the victim told investigators he paid $280 for four TVs.
Detectives asked to check serial numbers in case the TVs were stolen. Seuzeneau says they found gutted TVs, and rocks taped inside the boxes to make up the weight of missing parts.
1. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus man to spend 35 years in MDOC for 2015 club shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY