January 31, 2018 10:02:37 AM
Two Columbus men face drug charges after Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics seized $40,000 worth of marijuana at a local residence.
Lowndes County Sheriff's Office, Columbus Police Department and the combined drug task force all assisted MBN agents on a weeklong investigation that resulted in the arrests of Aaron S. Dumas, 39, of 48 Morgan Land, and Leshun Harris, 27, of 389 Marcade Drive, according to a MBN press release. Authorities took them into custody Friday and charged them with one count each of trafficking marijuana and conspiracy to possess or distribute marijuana. Dumas is also charged with attempting to commit a crime.
During the investigation, authorities executed a search warrant on an Idlewild Road residence where they uncovered 38 pounds of marijuana, the press release said.
Both Dumas and Harris have been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, Harris on $20,000 bond and Dumas on $50,000 bond.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bond revoked again for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Pride parade reconsideration prospects grim STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators trying to ID owner of gun found at Columbus Middle School COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two men vying for CMSD board vacancy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY