January 31, 2018 10:02:37 AM
Two Columbus men face drug charges after Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics seized $40,000 worth of marijuana at a local residence.
Lowndes County Sheriff's Office, Columbus Police Department and the combined drug task force all assisted MBN agents on a weeklong investigation that resulted in the arrests of Aaron S. Dumas, 39, of 48 Morgan Land, and Leshun Harris, 27, of 389 Marcade Drive, according to a MBN press release. Authorities took them into custody Friday and charged them with one count each of trafficking marijuana and conspiracy to possess or distribute marijuana. Dumas is also charged with attempting to commit a crime.
During the investigation, authorities executed a search warrant on an Idlewild Road residence where they uncovered 38 pounds of marijuana, the press release said.
Both Dumas and Harris have been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, Harris on $20,000 bond and Dumas on $50,000 bond.
1. Trial set for house parent accused of sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. SPD: Shooting victim in stable condition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Problem solver: LINK intern spends summer developing research-based guide for Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cashing in on life's lemons: Inaugural Lemonade Day in Starkville draws young entrepreneurs from across area STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. One man killed in weekend shooting in West Point COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY