January 31, 2018 10:02:37 AM
Two Columbus men face drug charges after Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics seized $40,000 worth of marijuana at a local residence.
Lowndes County Sheriff's Office, Columbus Police Department and the combined drug task force all assisted MBN agents on a weeklong investigation that resulted in the arrests of Aaron S. Dumas, 39, of 48 Morgan Land, and Leshun Harris, 27, of 389 Marcade Drive, according to a MBN press release. Authorities took them into custody Friday and charged them with one count each of trafficking marijuana and conspiracy to possess or distribute marijuana. Dumas is also charged with attempting to commit a crime.
During the investigation, authorities executed a search warrant on an Idlewild Road residence where they uncovered 38 pounds of marijuana, the press release said.
Both Dumas and Harris have been released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, Harris on $20,000 bond and Dumas on $50,000 bond.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville settles Pride lawsuit STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY