January 31, 2018 10:02:50 AM
A Starkville man has been indicted by a grand jury for having sex with a teenager at Starkville High School.
The Dispatch confirmed through the Oktibbeha County Circuit Court that 21-year-old Shytraille Spruell was formally charged Tuesday for statutory rape.
Starkville police arrested Spruell in October. According to an affidavit The Dispatch received after the incident, Spruell had intercourse with a 15-year-old in a locker room at Starkville High School. The affidavit said the incident happened on Sept. 13, 2017.
Upon conviction, Spruell could face up to 30 years in prison.
Spruell's court date is currently set for April 30.
1. Columbus man to spend 35 years in MDOC for 2015 club shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY