January 31, 2018 10:02:50 AM
A Starkville man has been indicted by a grand jury for having sex with a teenager at Starkville High School.
The Dispatch confirmed through the Oktibbeha County Circuit Court that 21-year-old Shytraille Spruell was formally charged Tuesday for statutory rape.
Starkville police arrested Spruell in October. According to an affidavit The Dispatch received after the incident, Spruell had intercourse with a 15-year-old in a locker room at Starkville High School. The affidavit said the incident happened on Sept. 13, 2017.
Upon conviction, Spruell could face up to 30 years in prison.
Spruell's court date is currently set for April 30.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY