February 1, 2018 10:43:44 AM
After a "small scuffle" in the Kroger parking lot Wednesday, Columbus police arrested a woman who allegedly left the grocery store with more than $500 worth of merchandise she hadn't paid for.
Katie Marie Davis, 29, of 1508 15th Ave. N., faces a felony shoplifting charge as well as misdemeanor charges of resisting arrest and disobeying a police officer. According to the initial police report, Columbus Police Department received a call about a suspicious shopper at Kroger just before 5 p.m. Officers were already in the parking lot when Davis allegedly rolled her shopping cart out the front doors without going through the check-out line.
When she saw police, Davis began to run toward her vehicle, according to the report. When officers removed her from the vehicle, a "scuffle" occurred, but neither Davis nor the officers were injured. She was taken into custody and the items were returned.
The report did not specify any of the items taken, but confirmed it was a variety of merchandise which totaled more than $500.
Davis' felony bond has not been set. Her bonds for the misdemeanor charges are $412 each. She is being held in Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bond revoked again for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Pride parade reconsideration prospects grim STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators trying to ID owner of gun found at Columbus Middle School COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two men vying for CMSD board vacancy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY