February 1, 2018 10:43:44 AM
After a "small scuffle" in the Kroger parking lot Wednesday, Columbus police arrested a woman who allegedly left the grocery store with more than $500 worth of merchandise she hadn't paid for.
Katie Marie Davis, 29, of 1508 15th Ave. N., faces a felony shoplifting charge as well as misdemeanor charges of resisting arrest and disobeying a police officer. According to the initial police report, Columbus Police Department received a call about a suspicious shopper at Kroger just before 5 p.m. Officers were already in the parking lot when Davis allegedly rolled her shopping cart out the front doors without going through the check-out line.
When she saw police, Davis began to run toward her vehicle, according to the report. When officers removed her from the vehicle, a "scuffle" occurred, but neither Davis nor the officers were injured. She was taken into custody and the items were returned.
The report did not specify any of the items taken, but confirmed it was a variety of merchandise which totaled more than $500.
Davis' felony bond has not been set. Her bonds for the misdemeanor charges are $412 each. She is being held in Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville settles Pride lawsuit STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY