February 1, 2018 10:43:39 AM
Two area men are in custody after they allegedly robbed a man on Shephard Drive Wednesday.
Officers with Columbus Police Department arrested Franklin Wayne Honeycutt, 53, of 177 Pearrow Dr., and David Adam Berry, 26, of 1634 Tabernacle Road in Caledonia, Wednesday afternoon and charged them with one count each of robbery.
The two suspects allegedly assaulted a 40-year-old man on Shephard Drive at about 12:45 p.m., taking a cell phone and an undisclosed amount of cash, according to a CPD press release. The victim, who knew one of the suspects, left the scene in his vehicle and called the police.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office later found the suspects' and their vehicle on Duncan Road.
Both Honeycutt and Berry are in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center, Honeycutt on $20,000 bond and Berry on $30,000 bond. Berry was also charged with misdemeanor contempt of court.
1. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY