February 2, 2018 10:41:01 AM
Police arrested a Starkville man on Thursday for a reported burglary of a church.
Officers with Starkville Police Department arrested 34-year-old Jimmie McCarter on suspicion of commercial burglary. His arrest comes after a warrant was issued for a Jan. 27 burglary of Aldersgate United Methodist Church on 820 Evergreen Street.
McCarter's arrest also comes after SPD released photos of a burglary suspect from security camera footage in an attempt to seek public assistance in finding the suspect. Chief Frank Nichols thanked the public for its assistance in an issued press release.
Police booked McCarter in the Oktibbeha County Jail on $10,000 bond.
McCarter's initial municipal court appearance is set for 6 p.m. on March 6.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bond revoked again for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Pride parade reconsideration prospects grim STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators trying to ID owner of gun found at Columbus Middle School COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two men vying for CMSD board vacancy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY