February 2, 2018 10:41:01 AM
Police arrested a Starkville man on Thursday for a reported burglary of a church.
Officers with Starkville Police Department arrested 34-year-old Jimmie McCarter on suspicion of commercial burglary. His arrest comes after a warrant was issued for a Jan. 27 burglary of Aldersgate United Methodist Church on 820 Evergreen Street.
McCarter's arrest also comes after SPD released photos of a burglary suspect from security camera footage in an attempt to seek public assistance in finding the suspect. Chief Frank Nichols thanked the public for its assistance in an issued press release.
Police booked McCarter in the Oktibbeha County Jail on $10,000 bond.
McCarter's initial municipal court appearance is set for 6 p.m. on March 6.
1. Two arrested for capital murder in weekend homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB parents jailed for neglect of 7-week-old child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Lowndes County sportsplex gets green light COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Capital murder suspects denied bond COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CLW weighs offering phone, internet service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY