February 2, 2018 10:41:05 AM
Two people have died following a head-on collision in Hamilton.
Brandi Jo Barnes, 32, and Malcom L. Houk, 54, both of Hamilton, died late Thursday, according to a press release from Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley. Barnes was driving a 2006 Pontiac heading west on Hamilton Road when her vehicle collided with Houk's 2004 Chevy pickup headed east on the same road. Houk was driving, and his wife was a passenger.
The collision occurred at about 7:30 p.m. near Grubb Springs Road.
Barnes was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the press release. Houk and his wife were both taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in Columbus where Houk died a few hours later.
Neither Barnes nor Houk was wearing seatbelts, according to the press release.
Monroe County Sheriff's Office is investigating the accident.
1. Columbus man to spend 35 years in MDOC for 2015 club shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY