February 2, 2018 10:41:17 AM
Columbus police and Columbus Municipal School District are investigating acts of vandalism on school property which occurred overnight Tuesday.
CPD is assisting CMSD officials as they seek information concerning damage to the press box as the high school's football stadium and to a pair of school buses that were parked nearby, according to a CPD press release.
More than one window was broken out on the press box and suspects entered the press box and overturned desks and other items, the press release said. More than one window on each school bus was also broken during the same time period.
The case is being handled by the CMSD Police Department with assistance from the Columbus Police Department.
CMSD officials have not responded to calls seeking information on the incident.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Attempted kidnapping suspect back in custody after manhunt STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Bond reinstated for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Lawsuit looms for Starkville over parade denial STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY