February 2, 2018 12:42:55 PM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested a juvenile at a Caledonia school Thursday for possession of a weapon by a minor.
The juvenile, who authorities have not identified, was apparently making disturbing comments and claimed on social media to have a weapon, posting a video which showed the firearm, according to a LCSO press release. However, the press release said investigators don't know yet whether the juvenile made any threats that would be considered criminal.
The social media posts raised the concerns of several Caledonia residents who reported the incident to LCSO, the press release said.
With the help of school officials, investigators confirmed the juvenile did not have the weapon at school. They later found it at the student's house.
Authorities have not confirmed which school the juvenile attends.
Lowndes County School District Superintendent Lynn Wright said he could not comment on an ongoing investigation but confirmed no one was hurt.
"There was no weapon," Wright said. "There was no incident at the school."
The Lowndes County Youth Court is handling the case.
1. Sticking together: Triplets coming to MSU together after brother's acceptance to ACCESS program STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Monday profile: Local antique shop owner offers wisdom on helping others COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Suspect nabbed for harassing phone calls to business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Retail Coach to update council on progress COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man arrested for allegedly shooting into a dwelling COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY