February 6, 2018 10:13:26 AM
A Columbus man was arrested for burglary after his own victim kept him detained at the scene of the crime until police arrived.
Officers with Columbus Police Department responded to a burglary call on 21st Street North Friday afternoon where they found 53-year-old Alvin Skipper, of 109 Ranson Road, according to a CPD press release. The resident of the home reported finding Skipper trying to steal a television and kept him at the scene until police arrived.
Skipper was charged with burglary and larceny and is currently in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. His bond has not been set.
1. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Luckett resigning from SOCSD school board STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man charged for striking Starkville officer STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY