February 7, 2018 11:01:18 AM
Flash floods meant a later arrival for some Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District students today.
Two middle school/high school bus routes and one elementary school route, all in the Hickory Grove/Curtis Chapel Road area, were affected by the delay, according to SOSCD public information officer Nicole Thomas.
"There were fewer than 20 students impacted and all of the students have been picked up and transported to school," Thomas said.
The SOSCD runs 270 bus routes daily, including 135 in the morning.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville settles Pride lawsuit STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY