February 7, 2018 11:01:18 AM
Flash floods meant a later arrival for some Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District students today.
Two middle school/high school bus routes and one elementary school route, all in the Hickory Grove/Curtis Chapel Road area, were affected by the delay, according to SOSCD public information officer Nicole Thomas.
"There were fewer than 20 students impacted and all of the students have been picked up and transported to school," Thomas said.
The SOSCD runs 270 bus routes daily, including 135 in the morning.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bond revoked again for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Pride parade reconsideration prospects grim STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators trying to ID owner of gun found at Columbus Middle School COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two men vying for CMSD board vacancy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY