February 12, 2018 10:26:01 AM
Starkville police arrested a Madison man after an early-morning assault in the Cotton District.
Officers responded to Gringo's bar, at 614 University Drive, after getting a report of a person being assaulted.
Police arrested 21-year-old Harrison S. Browning on suspicion of aggravated assault, according to a department press release.
Public Information Officer Brandon Lovelady said a male victim was sent to OCH Regional Medical Center for treatment, then transferred to another hospital. The victim's current condition is unknown.
Browning was booked into Oktibbeha County Jail. He was released after posting $10,000 bond. He's scheduled to appear in municipal court on March 19.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY