February 16, 2018 10:35:59 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
Investigators with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office are searching for a suspect in a felony child abuse case.
A LCSO press released identified the suspect as Anthony Deon Gilmore, 22, of Columbus. His last known address is on McConnell Drive.
The abuse was reported Wednesday morning, the press release said.
Gilmore was previously arrested for armed robbery in November 2015. He has not been indicted on that charge, according to Lowndes County Circuit Court records.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911 or contact LCSO at 662-328-6788.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY