February 17, 2018 9:57:03 PM
A police response to a disturbance call ended with a Starkville man in jail for attacking a police officer.
Police responded to a residence on South Montgomery Street at about 8:15 p.m. Thursday after receiving a report of a disturbance, according to a Starkville Police Department press release.
While on the scene, officers arrested Elija Jones, 35, for disorderly conduct.
Jones reportedly struck an officer while he was being arrested, and was further charged with simple assault on a law enforcement officer.
The officer did not receive treatment, according to Public Information Officer Brandon Lovelady.
Jones was booked into the Oktibbeha County Jail on $5,594.25 bond, and had his initial court appearance on Friday. He was still in jail as of Saturday afternoon.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY