March 7, 2018 10:56:56 AM
A man accused of cutting a woman's throat is in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center for attempted murder.
Jarvis Jennings, 31, of 2676 Sand Road, turned himself in to Lowndes County Sheriff's Office Tuesday, according to a LCSO press release. He has been charged with attempt to commit an offense.
Deputies had been searching for him since Saturday night when he allegedly slashed a woman's throat in a car outside a Sand Road residence.
The woman was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle where she received stitches. She has since been released, according to the press release.
Jennings' bond was set at $150,000.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'This is a place for miracles': Church formerly on the brink of condemnation celebrates fresh start STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Greco joins Dispatch as government reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY