March 13, 2018 10:37:20 AM
Four people were injured in a multi-vehicle collision with a parked car on Lampkin Street Monday morning, according to Starkville Police Department.
Three of the four victims in the crash, including one juvenile, have been treated and released, according to the SPD. One adult victim has been transported from OCH Regional Medical Center to another hospital for treatment.
The crash, which involved four vehicles, happened at about 10:45 a.m. Monday on Lampkin Street between South Montgomery and Russell Streets.
One vehicle in the incident was occupied by an adult, who was treated at OCH. The second vehicle, according to SPD, was occupied by an adult and a juvenile. The juvenile has been released after receiving treatment at OCH, but the adult was taken to a different hospital. SPD declined to identify what hospital the adult was transferred to.
An adult in the third vehicle has been treated and released, and the parked vehicle was unoccupied at the time of the crash.
SPD closed the portion of Lampkin Street between Russell and South Montgomery streets after the crash, though the road reopened by 2:30 p.m.
Police are investigating the causes of the crash, and declined to comment Monday afternoon on if alcohol may have been involved.
SPD asks that anyone with information on the incident contact the department at 662-323-4131 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Trial set for house parent accused of sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. SPD: Shooting victim in stable condition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Problem solver: LINK intern spends summer developing research-based guide for Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cashing in on life's lemons: Inaugural Lemonade Day in Starkville draws young entrepreneurs from across area STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. One man killed in weekend shooting in West Point COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY