April 17, 2018 10:41:35 AM
An investigation into a burglary has resulted in the arrest of two Starkville men after Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office investigators seized more than 80 firearms and other stolen items.
Deputies arrested 18-year-old Marquez Williams early Thursday on suspicion of two counts of residential burglary in the 300 block of Indian Pointe Drive and possession of marijuana. During the investigation stemming from Williams' arrest, OCSO Lt. Brett Watson said, deputies executed a series of search warrants at a business in Starkville and a residence in Oktibbeha County. Watson declined to identify the business.
Those searches, according to Watson, resulted in the seizure of guns and other stolen property, and the arrest of 37-year-old Joseph Bell on suspicion of receiving stolen property.
Watson said investigators believe the actions of Williams and Bell are related, and said OCSO expects more charges and arrests in the case.
Williams' bond was set at $10,458, and Bell's was set at $10,000. Both men are out of the Oktibbeha County Jail on bond.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police searching for suspect in death of Starkville woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY