May 16, 2018 10:49:33 AM
A Choctaw Indian Reservation man has been arrested in Noxubee County for the murder of a his wife last summer.
Allen David Bell, Jr., 36, of Neshoba County, is accused of the murder of Nikita Nicole Wilson, according to a press release from District Attorney Scott Colom's office. Wilson, a member of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, was found dead in Noxubee County last July.
Deputies in Noxubee County arrested Bell Friday following a months-long investigation by the Choctaw Department of Public Safety, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and Noxubee and Kemper county sheriff's departments, the press release said.
During the investigation, authorities were unsure where Wilson's murder had taken place, leading to several departments investigating the case.
Bell is a member of the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians and resident of Bogue Chitto Community of the Choctaw Indian Reservation in Neshoba County.
Bell's bond has been set at $250,000. Noxubee County Jail did not provide a mugshot of Bell by press time.
1. Two arrested for capital murder in weekend homicide COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB parents jailed for neglect of 7-week-old child COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Lowndes County sportsplex gets green light COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Capital murder suspects denied bond COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CLW weighs offering phone, internet service COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY